Astara's other other cage

A blow-by-blow tale of Astara and his dealings with the world in which we can humbly dream of...

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Lost in the void...

Belated hello's to everyone.

So you may, or may not have noticed my absence in recent weeks from both Astara and his flesh-riddled puppet Tim. In the past few weeks I spent a few solid hours with POL to help rectify the issue with the Aussie server congestion issues and allowed them to 'use me' as thier connection troubleshooter which was kinda fun as we ran through a large series of network tests for which I recieved a very nice thankyou email from thier Head of Technical Support.

It turns out they had no idea that many people were having connection issues. However it appears that the Taiwan earthquake had very little to do with the troubles, however thier latest update apparently included some 'unmentionables' a.k.a RMT/hacking prevention tools included that inadvertantly blocked or limted the ports that POL could access and hence the lack of connection. What still remains a mystery (or was for eyes only) is why it was mostly Oceanian/Asian-pacific network connections that were blocked.

Anyway after a while I was able to manually re-open my ports and BAM! FF was live once more.

...However...Since then I have probably seen Astara for no more than 15 minutes in the past 3 weeks. It seems I may have come to a simple crossroads of sorts and am once again debating whether to bow out of FF now or soldier on with the hope that somewhere soon in the future I will find a reason to keep plugging hours into it. What used to keep me coming back was the reliable conversations and happy /emotes that I would recieve from friends. In the past 6 months there has been a considerable drop in the number of people I speak too. I find myself logging in, staring at Moogle and logging out just as quickly...

It's really quite sad.....Hmmm. Indecision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home