Astara's other other cage

A blow-by-blow tale of Astara and his dealings with the world in which we can humbly dream of...

Saturday, June 30, 2007

That darn elusive Swift Belt

The other day (no I don't go by Earth days anymore it seems >.>) I was about to log off when I see a pick up party shouting for a Swift Belt run and being in need of this piece for my SAM haste setup I joined in. Sure, why not, right?

So after all 8 members had collected their Fomor Codex's and gathered at Sacrarium it was 2 hours later (orz #1). We heade din only to find at least 3 of the people had never explored the dungeon and had no idea of any of the routes or the mobs inside (orz #2!)

So we headed to the first stop (Hume room ftw) and murdered upwards of 50 Fomors for maximum hate in order to spawn the NM (orz #3!!). We then proceeded to pop the first NM. Overall it was a good fight, NM dropped quick and voila a Swift Belt drops (which has apparently a droprate of just under 30%). Inly minute sinto the second fight SE decides to be a smart ass and started an emergency maintenance and we were forced out of the game for 2 solid hours before we could return (orz #4!!!).
Thankfully all of the members returned as POL went live and we continued the run. Four hours after we had killed the 1st NM we were 5/5 for belts (OMG!!!) and it was finally my turn! YAY! ... WRONG!
So I pop the NM and we proceeded to be raped by a mass link courtesy of the deluded RDM who assumed that max hate meant "Hey Fomors, let's have tea!...what? KILL ME!? HUH!?!?"....*splat* -.- I would have lol'd...if I hadn't just wasted 6 hours and 120k! (orz #5!!!!)
So after 3 more attempts we were 7/9 (yes thats right!!!) and the group wanted to get mine so I bought a spare Codex off another member for another 150k and we tried again. This time it didnt drop again (7/10.... 30% my ass!)...so I wasnt the happiest Taru down 9 hours of my life and - 200k+ in Gil (orz #6!!!!!)
What's that? Another attempt next week?... I think not good Sir. You are surely mistaken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home